Monday, January 16, 2006

Dal Chawal and Taste for Life

Prologue
I got to know Arshish a few days back and I like him for his give-a-damn or carefree attitude. He has rightly assessed me by pointing out that I let small and trivial things affect me and he is so right. Arshish, Sudhanshu and me got together over a cup of tea in the garden were we got down discussing things about our lives, workplace and so on. It seems that everybody's life out there is in a quagmire, the difference being that some conceal those feelings and make a compromise and others can't really come to the terms with the situation and hence an internal conflict and turmoil. Past few months have been turbulent and I am still not able to cope up with the situation and then small incidents in the office bring out the rebellious side of me. It is a different story altogether that I don't express that side of mine in open; though there are some people who notice that (lately Arshish being one of them).
Dal Chawal Story
What's Dal-Chawal go to do with all this? At times I wonder how often we wish for our lives to be simpler, but it is we people who make our own lives difficult. Dal-Chawal being a metaphor for simplicity, and I have seen people ridiculing others for having a liking for dal-chawal. At times, you really wonder whether there is something seriously wrong in you or it is just that you are a round peg in a square hole. Sudhanshu put it across in better words. He said it is like hordes of people coming and saying to you on your face "You suck". Rightly said Sudhashu, I too get this feeling when I wonder that is it that I really suck. This was where Arshish simply retorted by saying "I am good at it". Hahahaha.....well said Arshish,that's what I call a carefree attitude. You give a damn to what others think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home