Sunday, January 01, 2006

Musings from Goa

Sky Lark@ Baga Beach

A trip to Goa was something which I always wanted to make. Infact, had been planning this trip for quite sometime but finally the day came though pretty late but as they say " Its better late than never". A whirlwind tour of sorts "Ramu-The Naukar"(Vyom), Saini(Mohit) and Me(Mohit) from Pune, we were joined by Sabu (Rohit) and Blonde Bombshell aka Bhurri aka Whateva(Arti) and Sabu's friends from Mumbai. Ramu, Saini and me all of a sudden decided that we would be leaving for Goa to join Sabu and his gang for a New Year's bash. The ride to Goa was funfilled with Ramu, Saini and Me sharing light moments all along the way. Ramu and me getting into one bunk of the sleeper bus and Saini had to settle down with a stranger. What an irony that I had to sleep with Ramu and not any babe :(...Finally reached Goa at 7 am and I was fortunate to have a brush with the Goan life that very morning when I knocked at a cottage while on a lookout for Sabu. That's another story.
Finally, made it to the accomodation courtesy Sabu and we were in no mood to waste time and we straightaway headed to the Baga Beach(Our flat was overlooking the beach). Had a gala time swimming and splashing water all over and the coloured life on the beach added some extra flavour to our fun 'n' frolic activities. After spending a good time in water, we headed for breakfast at a beach side shack called Sky Lark. The food was great and stuffed our stomachs to the full.
Round II of the water splashing. We again headed to the sea, this time we were joined by Sabu's friends. Saini and I decided that we wanna ride the Jet Ski. Had a great time riding the ski and never felt so much of thrill and excitement before. I was at the helm of controls, specifically made it clear to the instructor that we want to ride the boat and not him. Finally, the instructor had to give in and take the rear seat. We then headed for lunch and had some good rounds of Pool and Beach Volleyball.
Most of the time we spent at the Skylark. In the evening, we had a quick shower and were all ready to party. Saini and I were keen on checking out the FTV Beach Party. We hoped on to the bikes and made it to the Candolium Beach to return disappointed as we could not locate the venue of the party. Finally we reached back to the Baga and at Edge we had our dinner and after which we saw a good display of fireworks. It was earlier decided that we would spend the rest of the night at the Tito's. The place was full and the prices were exuberant so we said that it was not worth the money. Finally I wanted to take a stroll in the night but I was joined by Sabu and Blonde Bombshell. We went to the beach for the coffee but there was no sign of coffee amidst alcohol, grass and god knows what other stuff. I decided to stay back on the beach alone but then the crowd out there was rowdy and there was no point in staying back. With a heavy heart I had to leave the beach. Was so tire that I slept like a log. Saini in the meantime had got back to the flat disappointed as he could not gain entry into Tito's but he was happy too as he checked out some cool babes out there. He had no regrets of not making it to the Tito's. I got up very early in the morning, much before the break of the dawn. Dressed fast and hoped onto my favourite Yamaha RX 100 dropped in at CCD for an early morning coffee. I made it to the beach and to my surprise found quite a number of people out there still in the party mode. With all the drunken revelry last night that we witnessed, I thought that not many people would turn up but I was wrong. I could manage a good couple of hours on the beach all by myself just staring at the sea reflecting on things.
By the time I was back in the flat, Saini and Vyom had got up, we went out for breakfast which was followed by the final stroll on the beach. We packed our stuff and headed for the Railway Station with a heavy heart but with a resolve that we would come back soon. The return journey was quieter and lacked the enthusiasm that we carried on our way to Goa. Honestly, I definitely want to make another trip and that too very soon but one thing is for sure that I won't be planning that trip because everytime I plan something it turns out to be a disaster and one last thing.....this trip was not at all planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home