Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Karma Yogi & Identity Crisis

My mom tells me "Be a karmayogi", it is the highest form of yoga where an individual meets divinity through his deeds or karma. Mom, does being on a bench in a software company fall under the perview of karma, if it doesn't then there needs to be an ammendment in the divine rules and laws. Not only that spending time in the canteen, checking/sending emails,taking umpteen breaks, all these activities too must be acccounted for being a karmayogi. I was told "Love thy work" but what if I don't have any work?

At time when I look back, I feel my decision to quit from my previous job was a hasty one. Earlier people could identify me by my name (after taxing their brains), I had an honour to talk to people like CFO, Head HR, COO and many more...... Now I have landed in a sea, which is so full of people that my identity is reduced to a mere number; Employee Number 58146

3 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mohit.
I must tell u......ur bolgs really make me happy.....cuz atlast iv found something soo close to what i wanted.....a place where people think differenlty.....and yes ofcourse.....they can also write!
"Karmayogi"......well i dont even have half as much knowlede as your mother would possess.....im not even half as much her age i suppose,im just 25.
But "karmayogi".....mohit.......karma.......has nothing to do with ur profession.....its not about if you are a sofware enginner,a doctor,a lawyer or an mba........"Karma"......is the deed that you are doing."Karma" is
the way u treat others........like you wanted to be treated youself.It is that deed.....that brings us closer to God."WE should do unto other like we want other to do unto us"....THIS IS KARMA.That u treat each and every human being who(maybe in a very small way) touch ur life in a just way.U should treat the other person like u want to be treated by others.THIS IS "KARMA".So is written in Bhagwad Gita.
This is the work,job or karma that we hear.
WE HAVE BEEN SENT IN THIS WORLD FOR "A PURPOSE".WE WUDNT COME TO KNOW ABOUT THE PURPOSE TILL WE TRANSIT INTO THE NEXT PHASE "AFTER BIRTH AND THEN REBIRTH".WE DONT KNOW ABOUT THE PURPOSE BECAUSE THAT WOULD CHANGE OUR WAY OF LOOKING AT LIFE (we might become more selfish,more greedy,more loving.....anything can happen).
We dont know about the purpose because "ITS THE UNPREDICTABILITY OF A DAY THAT MAKES IT WORTH LIVING FOR US HUMAN BEINGS".....WE ARE ALWAYS LIVING WITH THE "HOPE" THAT OUR TOMORROW MIGHT BE BETTER !
Noor .

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Mohit Kaul said...

Dear Noor,I agree to you completely and I agree to you that Karma is much more than a mere profession. It is not only what one does at office but it is about overall actions and deeds that one performs. But I am in a dilemma, most of my time is spent in the office doing nothing and I feel that it is my duty to put in my best towards my organisation and my work. In absence of work, I feel a kind of void, a vaccuum which can't be filled with anything else, no matter what.

 
At 1:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(But I am in a dilemma, most of my time is spent in the office doing nothing and I feel that it is my duty to put in my best towards my organisation and my work. In absence of work, I feel a kind of void, a vaccuum which can't be filled with anything else, no matter what.-----mohit's msg.
So i assume you are working....but i fail to understand why is most of your time spent in office doing nothing????U dont have work to do in office ????
Noor .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home